“Where there is no movement there is pain.
Where there is movement there is no pain.”
-Traditional Chinese Saying
Moxibustion is a traditional Chinese medicine therapy, which uses the herb, Mugwort. Due to its yang energy; warming and moving effects, it has been known for centuries as one of women’s greatest allies in regulating menstruation and easing the transition to menopause. For the same reasons, it is extremely useful in treating stagnation in muscle tissue that causes pain; much in the same way a blacksmith heats metal, to make it softer and more malleable. Where there is pain, there is stagnation. When moxibustion is applied, it effectively moves stagnation, which leads to a decrease (and possible elimination) of pain.
🌼 When appropriate, moxibustion may be added into an acupuncture treatment, used as a stand-alone treatment, or recommended for at-home application.
🌼 When performed at 34 weeks of pregnancy, moxibustion has been proven to be 80% successful in turning breech babies.
Studies have shown that Moxa, when burnt over specific parts of the body, can:
* Activate immune function and increase red and white blood cell count
* Enhance lymphocyte activity
* Heal wounded tissue
* Revive organ function
* Lower blood pressure
* Aid in detoxification
… AND, Provide Effective Support for:
* Chronic pain
* Immune system and autoimmune system disorders
* Lymphatic disorders
* Skin disorders
* Eye sight pain and blurriness
* Muscle / tissue tension and injuries
* Misaligned/ slipped discs
* Strained / injured ligaments and tendons
* Fertility issues and menstrual pain and irregularities
* Kidney / gall stones
* Digestive issues
* Food poisoning
* Bronchial asthma
* Arthritis, carpal tunnel, tendonitis …. the list goes on … and on …