WELCOME to ACUPUNCTURE CLINIC
THE SUNSHINE FACTORY
Please read the following information before receiving treatment …
• Use one of the provided alcohol swabs to wipe off both ears.
• Find a place to sit or lay where you will be comfortable for at least 30 minutes; 45 minutes is ideal.
•It is not recommended to receive acupuncture if you are hungry or dehydrated; both have a tendency to make you more needle sensitive (the insertion of the needles tends to be significantly more uncomfortable); and there is a higher likelihood of negative side effects, such as headaches and nausea.
• You will be refused treatment if you are intoxicated.
We are offering a simple treatment consisting of five (5) needles in each ear; these ear points provide treatment for the whole body.
These treatments help in a variety of ways:
• reduce stress and anxiety
• uplifts depressive feelings
• helps with insomnia/difficulty with sleeping
• relaxes your mind from overthinking
• provides a general sense of well-being
• reduction in pain / muscle tension
All needles are pre-packaged and sterile and are disposed of after use.
There may be a brief discomfort as the needle first passes through the skin, and will subside just as quickly.
Once the needles are in place, you ears may tingle of feel warm. Some people even fall asleep. These are normal responses.
Some people say they feel very relaxed when they are having a treatment; others don’t feel much at all. Acupuncture works to balance YOUR body’s energy, so there is no normal; everyone responds differently. Even if you don’t feel much, you are still getting benefit from the treatment.
If you receive ear magnets or seeds from your practitioner, you can gently rub them 3-5 times per day for a few minutes. Please remove the magnets or seeds after about 3 days. If they cause any discomfort, please remove them immediately.
To get the most out of your treatment …
While sitting with the needles in place, we ask that you:
• Relax – turn off your cell phone, and leave it, your bag and coat, in the reception area.
• Refrain from chewing gum, as it makes it more difficult to fully relax, and absorb the benefits of the treatment.
• Try to close your eyes and focus on your breathing – take a nap if you like. If you snore loudly, someone will come by to gently tap your shoulder.
• Do not talk – it’s easier to relax when quiet, as well as to avoid disturbing those around you.
• Do not get up or walk around – the needles might fall out, they are not inserted very deeply.
• Use the bathroom before your treatment to avoid the need to have to get up.
If a needle falls out while you are seated, just let someone know; they will pick it up.
If you are uncomfortable in any way, or if you feel light-headed; it is important that you let an acupuncturist know right away.
Please tell the acupuncturist if you are pregnant or have any other major medical conditions.
The treatment can have effects on physical and mental/emotional issues. These treatments work cumulatively; the results you experience after treatment will last longer if you come on a regular basis.
The Sunshine Factory, August 2018